Saturday 28 February 2009

What drives your life?

"Unfortunately, those people who follow the crowd, tend to get lost in it."
Hahahaha I hope for my sake that God sees it like that! :)

Well, what struck me most about the idea of what the driving force of my life is, is that I really wanted to be able to say that it was solely God. But unfortunately, being the imperfect person I am, thats not true. But in some ways I could say that glorifying God is at the root of my life, and is the driving force for the future. In the past my life has been driven by an impossible aim of pleasing other people. It has taken me until now to realise that people will never be satsfied, and will always expect more, even when you have given all you have. Recently I made some decisions about the future,asking God what he wanted me to do. And I got the answer I was dreading. But at the same time it was the answer that gave me the most peace. I have a purpose, a God-given purpose, and as much as its not exactly what I would have had in mind in terms of career prospects, I am amazed everday at how renewed I feel in my relationship with God. Nothing matters more than fulfilling God's plan and desire. And as soon as I can get that sorted, I know that I'll be ok. Not expecting that life is going to be perfect, but that no matter what, I'm under his care. The words from the song 'Still' seem to fit. It says..."Hide me now, under your wings, cover me within your mighty hand. When the ocean's rise and thunders roar, I will soar with you above the storm, Father, you are King over the flood, I will be still, know you are God." Works for me. :)

No comments: