Wednesday 25 February 2009

The Purpose Driven Life...Day One. It All Starts With God.

It’s not about me. The purpose of my life is more than that. Its not about personal fulfilment, happiness or enjoyment. We have to start with God, and work from there. We were born by his purpose and for his purpose. The reason the search for purpose in life has been so fruitless is that we seem to start in the wrong place and focus on ourselves first.

Well, i’ve read the first days reading, and all I can think about is the very first sentence. “It’s not about you.” It actually made me laugh out loud because its so simple really, yet i seem to make it so complicated.
We are born for God’s purpose, not our own. Everything comes from God, so therefore surely all the glory needs to go back to him? Sometimes its like i’ve found exactly where i need to be, and i only ever get that feeling when i stop blocking God out, and let him in to make the changes he needs to. Spiritually i think everyone is on a constant journey, sometimes uphill. But then at other times, life with God is so simple. I love him, and he loves me. So where does all the complication come in? Why can’t i just stay in the place where i simply just believe? I want to. To believe in what He wants for me, and what He knows is best. Simple really. :)

But lets get down to the nitty gritty. Jeremiah 17:7 says “But Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.” So basically we need to simply trust. And that’s it. But not just trust, WHOLE-heartedly trust. Well now, that’s a bit different. I mean its easy to say you trust in something or someone, but how easy is it to say that you totally, completely, 100%, would stake your life on it; trust in something? Not very.
So all I can say is...I’m looking forward to the next 39 days. Discovering whatever God wants to tell me through this experience. And actually i’m really excited.

No comments: